A Distinguished Past, An Innovative Future
Incorporated in 1999, Jeffrey Specialty Equipment Corporation traces its roots to the Lechner Mining Machine Company, established in 1876 by Francis M. Lechner and Joseph Andrew Jeffrey. That company produced the first power-driven coal cutter used in America and soon became one of the international leaders, providing underground mechanical miners, locomotives, ram cars, and power shovels.
Mr. Jeffrey bought out the other shareholders in 1887 and renamed the company Jeffrey Manufacturing. It remained a family-run businesses based in Columbus, Ohio until the mid-1970s.
Early in its development, Jeffrey Manufacturing began diversifying, adding crushers and vibrating feeders, along with numerous other products, to its broad product line. In 1961, the size reduction and feeder businesses were relocated to a new facility in Woodruff, South Carolina, and this business was acquired by Jeffrey Specialty Equipment Corporation in 1999.
Today, Jeffrey is a leading U.S. manufacturer of chip sizer mills, hammermills and other size reduction equipment for use by companies in the paper and pulp industries and for similar applications in other industries, including solid waste reduction. Jeffrey also makes large-scale vibrating feeders for coal, minerals, chemicals and other bulk materials.
Innovation and Technology
Jeffrey continues to develop new products and improve existing machines. Development of Jeffrey’s breakthrough Chip-sizer™ rechipper began with the question: "Why can't anyone supply a chip re-sizer that doesn't cost a fortune to maintain?"
By acting on this challenge, Jeffrey revolutionized the art of chip-sizing. Using computer modeling, and the knowledge earned from years of experience with size reduction equipment, Jeffrey was able to design a Chip-sizer™ rechipper that also reduces spillage and increases production capacities.
About Rader Companies
In 1951, Rader opened for business and developed the first pneumatic conveying system, revolutionizing transport in the Pulp and Paper industry.
The following are the Generations of Innovations that Rader has contributed to the Industrial Equipment Industry.
1960 - Rader pneumatic conveying systems become the industry standard.
1975-78 - The first Chip Thickness Screening System is developed by Rader.
1979 - The first Chip Slicer is developed by Rader.
1980 - Rader tests the first Fines Roll Screen to extract pins and fines.
1985 - Rader develops the first Chip Conditioner.
1990 - Rader revolutionizes chip thickness screening.
1998 - Rader acquires BMH, North America, including Consilium Bulk, Retec and Calotec.
2000 - Rader goes through privatization through management buyout.
2001 - Rader opens 12,000 sq. ft R&D center in Atlanta, GA.
2001 - Rader expands worldwide with the acquisition of Rader International, Stockholm, Sweden.
2007 - K-Tron acquires Rader.
2008 - Rader and Jeffrey align their domestic sales offices in order to serve the Wood, Pulp and Paper and emerging Biomass industries.
2009 - Jeffrey and Rader merge as Jeffrey Rader Corporation.
2012 - Jeffrey Rader Corporation becomes part of TerraSource™ Global, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hillenbrand, Inc. and part of the Process Equipment Group platform.
For more information about Jeffrey Rader's products and services, contact a Jeffrey Rader representative near you.
Support for your Jeffrey Rader Equipment
For the best performance and longest wear, order your parts from Jeffrey, and count on Jeffrey Rader Technical Services for field service, training and repairs.